Reflections



Oh, this birthday was a difficult one for me. I still cant get over the fact I just turned 40! I thought Oprah says life begins at 40? 39 still felt young (maybe I was kidding myself), 40 sounds much older to me but still I feel like I'm 25. I honestly think living in NY swallowed about 10 years of my life. I had to get distance glasses recently and now today I found a grey hair, yikes! All evidence of the aging process that keeps trundling along. I feel like I better hurry up and get some important stuff done that has been weighing on my mind as time is running out. Big stuff like having siblings for Ryan (through pregnancy or adoption, I don't really care at this point), and making provisions for his future for when we are not here. Heavy stuff.


I came across this exhibition recently from Tom Hussey called "Relections" that depicts how people see themselves as their younger selves even as the body ages. So very true. You can find the complete series here:





The great secret that all old people share is that you really haven't changed in seventy or eighty years. Your body changes, but you don't change at all. And that, of course, causes great confusion. ~Doris Lessing

Comments

Momttorney said…
I love these pictures.

I too feel like I'm still much younger than I am. (But, my friend, I found my first grey hair at 26 - while in law school ;o)). Every now and then something happens -- coming home to pay a babysitter, going to a parent-teacher conference -- etc., and I'm like "WHOAH! How did I get here?" I feel like B and I are still a couple of kids in grad school . . . yet sometimes have such heavy stuff to decide! Looking forward to hearing news of a sibling :o) I'm so, so, so glad we took that plunge, scary as it was (and still is some days) but I know it was an incredible gift . . . to myself, to our family, AND to Sammie B.

Happy late bday!

Popular Posts